DHS Swim Week 3 - Teams & James Logan
Hello Dublin High School swimmers and parents,
First off I want to thank everyone that braved the wet and cold to help out at Time Trials on Friday night. If it is not for our parent volunteers we will not be able to successfully have a swim team. Over the course of the season we will once again ask parents to help in some capacity whether as timers, officials, or computers operators. We will not be able to run our home meets, swim against Dougherty Valley, or participate in EBALs/NCS/State without the help of these volunteers. For parents that were not able to make the team meeting after Time Trials here is a recap:
- Your 2019 coaching staff will be Greg Rodriguez, Jen Moirao, Brent Reed, and Erin Mann; our dive coach will be Eric Holzheimer,
- It is important for your swimmers and divers to take responsibility for the ongoings on the team by checking the calendar on the website,
- Swimmers and parents can be urgently updated through the use of our Remind text message system by texting @swim-dhs to 81010,
- As the season progresses it is important for swimmers and their parents to regularly check the website: www.dublinaquatics.com,
- Each week swimmers should not miss more than one practice, if swimmers miss more than one practice they will not be able to participate in our meets,
- If a swimmer is unable to attend practice they need to fill out the absence form on our website,
- Every Wednesday club/year round swimmers must attend a mandatory meeting in Portable Q - 3,
- On the day of every dual meet swimmers will be release at 2:30pm regardless of it being a home or away meet,
- Busses will only transport swimmers to and from away dual meets and swimmers must take the bus to and from our away meets; swimmers cannot leave before the end of any meet,
- Apparel is now available on the website be sure to order your apparel as soon as possible; every swimmer needs a team suit,
- It is important that you pay your donation to the swim team in order for us to afford things like transportation, and other items for the swimmers,
- If you have questions about the team contact our team mom, Michelle Guidi.
As we enter our third week we will continue to have practice from 4:00pm to 6:00pm every Monday to Wednesday, and on Thursday we will have practice from 4:00pm to 5:30pm. During this week we will post our junior varsity and varsity teams, our swim buddies, and our entries for James Logan. Junior varsity and varsity teams will be posted by Wednesday. Throughout the course of the season swimmers may move between the two teams dependent on times achieved. Swim buddies will help grow our Dublin High School swim community. Swim buddies will sit next to each other on the bus, cheer for each other at meets, and bring gifts (posters, snacks, caps, cards, etc.). For our meet at James Logan:
- Entries will be posted on the website on Thursday,
- Swimmers will be released from class at 2:30pm,
- The bus will meet the swimmers and coaches in the Brighton Parking Lot,
- Wear Dublin High gear on Friday for the swim meet,
- Any items for the meet can be stored in Portable Q - 3,
- It is supposed to be wet and cold be sure to bring extra towels and warm clothes.
Do not hesitate to reach out to our team mom Michelle Guidi or the coaches with any questions.